Heacham Manor Hotel is a 45 bedroom, 3 Star Country House Hotel and Golf Club with a popular AA Rosette Restaurant. Set in beautiful parkland close to the stunning North Norfolk beaches, the Victorian seaside town of Hunstanton and the Royal Sandringham Estate. It is part of Searles Leisure Group, a privately owned and successful family run business for over 60 years.
Sous Chef (Accomodation Available)
Heacham Manor Hotel is a part of the Searles Leisure Group. Searles is a family run firm and has grown over the years into a highly successful business. Heacham Manor’s Mulberry Restaurant has been awarded its first rosette and is now looking for a passionate Sous Chef to join their team and work with them in taking the restaurant to the next level. Heacham Manor Hotel also caters for weddings of varying sizes within its grounds, making it one of the leading 3-star hotels in the area.
Heacham Manor Hotel is an expanding 3-star hotel set in beautiful surroundings and boasting its popular and established Mulberry Restaurant and Spa. Our aim is to maintain customer loyalty whilst exceeding expectations wherever possible and growing the business forward through successful marketing and a solid reputation in the local area.
To work under the Head Chef to manage the day to day kitchen operations efficiently and effectively, so that the best possible service and standards can be delivered to our guests always.
- To take control of the kitchen operations in the absence of the Head Chef through effective use of management and leadership skills.
- Assist the head chef in developing the Kitchen team and menus whilst maintaining standards, procedures, quality and profitability.
- Management of stock and maintaining GP’s.
- Daily management of safe food hygiene practices and protocols throughout the department.
The Skills and Attributes of a Sucessful Candidate:
- Good knowledge of fresh food and mid to high volume operations.
- Will have a presence in the kitchen, passion for good food, personality and dedication towards developing their team.
- Turn ideas and concepts in to successfully operating, team-focused, restaurants & kitchens where food quality is top class and is delivered to this standard consistently without compromise.
- Will uphold high standards of food quality always, paying meticulous attention to detail to ensure that all dishes are delivered according to the correct specification.
- Assume a supporting role to the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and the implementation and on-going improvement of standards and profitability.
- Deliver, monitor and encourage the consistent and structured training of all new staff and, their on-going training & development.
- Will work with the Head Chef to ensure monthly stock takes are completed and monitored.
- Give support to the Head Chef in driving and motivating the kitchen team towards achieving GP.
- Be responsible for ensuring standards of cleaning are consistently excellent, including night cleaning.
- Be Responsible for ensuring food safety / health and safety procedures are adhered to always.
- Co-ordinate and deliver training to team, whilst enthusiastically and encouragingly developing the team.
- Developing new menu ideas with the rest of the team and monitoring progress with new items
- Ensure that purchases are recorded and monitored effectively, and all relevant procedures and policies are adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Quality restaurant and banqueting experience
- Experience of menu development
- Banqueting experience
- A passion for coaching, training and developing their team within the kitchen
- A smart and friendly disposition for guest liaison / wedding tasting appointments
- Food hygiene management success
- Achievement of food cost targets
- Proven record of stability in job roles
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Chef De Partie
Other Duties Include:
- Management of a team of 3+ Chefs
- Staffing – recruitment/rostering
- Purchasing and food cost control
- Menu/recipe development
- Food hygiene & H/S management
- Food standards/consistency
- Wedding menu tastings with clients
- Coaching, training and development of team
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience and will be agreed at the time of recruitment.
- Live in accommodation available
- Attractive pay plus tips
- Uniform provided
- 28 days paid holiday
- Career development
- Company benefits package as part of Searles Leisure Group
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for any of our advertised role, please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org